Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Family Ties by Jamie Hill


Blurb:

With a couple of dead bodies thrown in, Detective Brady Marshall's stolen goods case has just become a lot more interesting. His love life takes a turn for the better when he meets Gina Morris, a feisty waitress at the club where the latest victim has surfaced. A happily unattached ladies' man, Brady isn't looking to settle down.


Review:

The passion between Gina and Brady sparks the moment they meet. Brady Marshall is a full on hottie whose character is multidimensional. I almost feel like he grows into the man he is meant to be when he meets his match in Gina. Gina is not your ordinary woman. She's not the type to get jealous if her man looks at someone else which could easily happen given her line of work. The way that Brady and Gina relate to each other just makes you want to sigh and say "Aw, how romantic is that?" These two have the passionate relationship I love to see in my hero and heroine.

One thing I loved about this book was since Gina is Italian, she would throw Italian words around and then have to translate to Brady what she had just said. After a while, he grew accustomed to certain words. On top of that, Brady's partner is also Italian. I am thrilled when I read a book and am not simply entertained but learn something along the way as well. It's always an added bonus.

Family Ties started out with a bang and kept me on my toes throughout the entire book. I must say that Family Ties is a little bit different than other books because of who you think is the bad guy is and how things are wrapped up in the end. I'm not going to drop any spoilers but I will simply say that you have to read this book. The ending has a twist you won't expect.

Ms. Hill did an outstanding job with the plotline, and I was literally biting my nails the entire time I was reading. There is one thing that Ms. Hill did and that was keep me awake at night. I couldn't put this fast paced, action packed book down. I HAD to find out what happened next. It was addicting. Ms. Hill has a gift of hooking the reader and not letting go until the very last word. And even then, there was a description of Family Secrets (the first book in the series). It's now on my HAVE TO BUY list. So let me just leave you with this one suggestion. You really want to go out and buy this book. It's a 114 page book that is filled with every emotion you can think of. You won't want to miss this one. Ms. Hill is an author to watch.

Family Ties is Book 2 in the series preceeded by Family Secrets which I also reviewed and is posted on this page.

Buy the book here

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments and so would our authors.