Saturday, May 14, 2011

True Colors by Joyce Lamb



First off, I'm just going to say that this series is definitely one of my favorites of the year. Joyce Lamb is an author whose books are on my automatic "to be read". I don't care what genre she writes, I will be a lifelong fan. I can identify with the characters, the writing style blows me away in every book and I always find myself thinking of her books long after they have been read.

Alex's character appealed to me immediately with her love of abused animals. It takes a special woman to be able to take care of rescue animals and the fact that she could relate better to the animals than to people, piqued my interest.

John Logan's character was oh so dreamy. Who wouldn't love a detective who is not afraid to put his life on the line for the woman he loves? Fighting his own demons, John has to find a way to come to terms with Alex's psychic ability.

Butch McGee was one insanely creepy character. A character I loved to hate. I found myself holding my breath through the scenes with this deranged killer. His character made this book a superb read as the entire time, I was trying to figure out his angle.

I love Anna Coreen, the lady with psychic abilities that helps the sisters through their self discovery moments. She has a strong presence through out the True books and it wouldn't be the same without her.

The plot in True Colors is gripping, hair- raising and I loved every minute of it. I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. A compelling page turner, this book has perfect pacing. The characters are meticulously developed and are easy to bond with. Each chapter leaves you hanging and I found myself reading into the wee hours of the morning just trying to see what happened next. I HIGHLY recommend True Colors to anyone who loves a solid, strong romantic suspense/thriller. Ms. Lamb is an outstanding writer and I am anxiously looking forward to reading True Shot, Sam's story.

If you would like to read the books in order, here they are:
True Vision - Charlie's story. You can buy True Vision here
True Colors - Alex's story. You can buy True Colors here
True Shot - Sam's story (out in December)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments and so would our authors.