Saturday, September 03, 2011

T-R-O-U-B-L-E by Sable Hunter


Blurb:
Trouble comes calling on Kyler Landon. He falls hard and fast for his beautiful, mysterious neighbor after she saves him from a rattlesnake attack. The sexual tension mounts between them with each sensual encounter, but he soon reaizes that Cooper has been hurt and is leery of men. So he sets out to teach her that a real man can be gentle, loving, and sexy as hell.

Trouble seems to follow Cooper, and Ky makes it his mission to protect her from her past. Kyler would move heaven and earth to keep her in his bed and in his life.

Review:
Oh my goodness go check out that yummy cover. Not to worry, I'll wait here ......
You're back? Oh good, now let's talk about this gem of a book. Yes, like you, I had a hard time getting past the cover of this book but when I did, I laughed so hard sometimes I thought I might cry. Kyler Landon is one of those types of dream characters you look for in a hero. He is gorgeous, caring, funny, down to earth and protective of his lady. Oh and did I mention that he loves animals and volunteers his time for good causes? *dreamy sigh* Cooper is a woman that is about to turn into the woman she was always meant to be. She's gorgeous, straightforward and just a sweetheart. She has a lot of obstacles to overcome and a lot to learn about herself. The first time she meets Ky, is action packed and a perfect start to the story. Cooper can handle her own and that's why I took an instant liking to this exciting character.

Now for the plot. I can't say enough about the plot. It took my breath away. There are moments when Ky is faced with the fact that he might lose Cooper and Ms. Hunter writes with such flair that I felt his desperation and it broke my heart. Another was toward the end (I can't give away spoilers) when Cooper was confronted with something from her past. I could feel the terror she felt. I love it when an author can actually draw me so far into a book that I forget my surroundings. T-R-O-U-B-L-E was one of those books for me.

It has to be noted that Ms. Hunter has taken the subject of domestic abuse and simply nailed it. The feelings that a battered wife might feel is exactly what was portrayed in Cooper's character. How a future partner should handle a problem such as this was just the way that Ky did. This is an important subject that needs to be graphic in order for the reader to get into the character's mind and understand the urgency of the situation. OUTSTANDING job Ms. Hunter.

So all in all, Trouble was one sensational read filled with action, suspense and humor. I simply can't say enough about this book. At the end of the book, it states that T-R-O-U-B-L-E is the first book in the series. YES, can you believe this is a series book? It just keeps getting better. After you read Ky's story, I know you'll want to read his twin brother Ty's story in My Aliyah which comes out in January 2012. They are all part of the Texas Heat Series. Ty's story is not out yet but you can bet that I'll be first in line when it releases. So hurry and buy T-R-O-U-B-L-E, you're gonna love it!


Buy T-R-O-U-B-L-E here

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments and so would our authors.